Arkon, PA Dental Services
Dental Care of Ephrata happily serves those looking for a dentist in Akron, PA. We make it easy to fit regular visits to an Akron dentist into your busy life. We’re your trusted source for family-friendly dental care that's easily accessible and affordable.
Comprehensive Dental Care In Akron
Regular visits to our dentist in Akron can do more than contribute to a bright, healthy smile. Our dentist can also identify issues that are better to take care of sooner rather than later, such as early signs of damage to your gums and enamel or excessive plaque accumulation.
According to the American Dental Association (ADA), initial symptoms of certain chronic conditions, like diabetes and some forms of cancer, can sometimes be detected during a routine oral exam. For some patients, initial observations from a dentist like ours can lead to early diagnosis and treatment of potentially serious underlying health problems.
These are just some of the reasons to take advantage of the comprehensive care our dentist in Akron provides. Patients also benefit from:
- Comprehensive dental care in one convenient location
- Reasonable pricing and easy payment options
- Personalized service
- Comfortable waiting areas and exam rooms
- Innovative dentistry
- State-of-the-art technology
Routine Dental Exams in Akron
Visiting our Akron dentist at least twice a year for a check-up and thorough teeth cleaning can be a smart way to prevent serious problems that may affect your daily life.
When you visit our office for a routine dental exam, our dentist will take time to discuss any concerns you may have first. If you're anxious about your exam, our friendly dentist will explain the process and answer your questions in a respectful way. A typical dental exam at our office involves:
- Checking for issues with bite alignment
- Safely removing plaque buildup in hard-to-reach areas
- Looking for early signs of tooth decay or gum problems
- Evaluating overall oral health
- Assessing a need for tooth replacement or corrective procedures
- Taking dental X-rays, when necessary
If you have prosthetic replacements, such as dentures or bridges, you'll be asked about how they fit and whether or not you have any concerns about comfort or function of these devices. Any medications you may be taken that could affect your oral health will also be discussed, especially ones that may contribute to dry mouth and similar issues that could affect your teeth and gums.
Emergency Dental Care in Akron PA
While we do provide urgent care should the unexpected happen, we recommend being proactive when it comes to your oral health. It can happen without warning -- a crown comes loose, a tooth is chipped, or a hard blow to the mouth causes gums to swell or a tooth to loosen. These are just some of the types of dental emergencies that can be treated at our convenient location. An Akron dentist is also available to respond to dental emergencies involving:
- Root canals
- Filling replacements
- Tooth repair
In addition to immediately addressing the problem when an emergency arises, we also provide any follow-up care that may be necessary. We recommend the following guidelines with common dental emergencies that may affect our patients in the Akron area:
- Toothaches: See us as soon as you experience discomfort.
- Broken or chipped teeth: Rinse your mouth with warm water, wrap the chipped tooth in a moist paper towel, and visit us.
- Knocked out or loose teeth: If possible, insert the knocked out tooth back into the socket. Otherwise, hold the tooth under your tongue and see us.
- Broken jaw: Go an emergency room and then visit us for any related dental work that may need done.
Cosmetic Dental Services
Give yourself even more reasons to smile with our cosmetic dental services. From professional tooth whitening to sealants and cosmetic dental crowns, we offer procedures designed to enhance your natural features and improve your confidence.
Encouraging Good Oral Hygiene Between Visits
Get the peace of mind you deserve with regular visits and personalized care from our Akron dentist. We look forward to welcoming you to our family of satisfied patients. Contact our office today to schedule an appointment.